Project background and main business challenges
A leading agri-food supplier to supermarkets, Fleury Michon employs 3,700 people and works in three main areas of business: self-service chilled goods for supermarkets in France, an international division, and a food services division. The mission statement for this family business originally from western France is “eating better”.
Fleury Michon is in the business of devising and distributing natural and tasty food while ensuring respect for both people and its products. It has eleven production sites, four of which are outside France.
Processing of all orders for French sales is centralized within a logistics hub. It is one of the major agri-food suppliers for supermarket chains (85% under Fleury Michon brand names, 15% under the supermarkets’ own brands).
Fleury Michon separates three strategic strands, namely French hyper-and supermarkets (87% of revenue), international sales (7%) and the restaurant and catering trade (6%). The Fleury Michon brand is a key element in this strategy, accounting as it does for 74% of total revenue.
Our real challenge is bulkup our three markets so as to make just one delivery tothe buyer. This also presents problems in terms of responsiveness in all theoperations within the platform, from goods inwards to picking and shipment. »
Microsoft Dynamics ERP with the ADAX CPG & Food solution
Digital transformation occupies an important position in Fleury Michon’s information systems development strategy, including aspects such as mobility, improved interoperability between systems, offering more real-time indicators to users, and so on. Convinced that using one set of master data is crucial to ensuring operational consistency, Fleury Michon implemented the Microsoft Dynamics Finance & Operations ERP system with the ADAX CPG & Food and ADAX Supply Chain WMS solutions published by TVH Consulting across its entire commercial management, billing and finance operations. This implementation made it possible for the group to modernize its information system, and provided better visibility over its business activities while delivering greater synergy between the various business units.
The intuitiveness of ADAX CPG & Food (Advanced Suite for Microsoft Dynamics),making familiarization with the new system an easy matter, helped make the implementation a success.Our previous solution, comprising a number of standalone applications, has been replaced, to our great benefit, by a highly configurable system that has enabled us to meet our business challenges and specific organizational issues, and that provides a high level of accessibility to data.”
FLEURY MICHON – Témoignage client lors du TVH User Club 2018
An effective WMS integrating seamlessly with ERP
Fleury Michon’s positioning in chilled goods means it works under tough logistics and traceability requirements. Working on all of Microsoft’s innovative areas, TVH Consulting’s R&D team plunged enthusiastically into this project to deliver the functionalities Fleury Michon needed within the standard WMS ADAX Supply Chain solution, that could then be reused by other firms…
TVH’s consultants offered real support, they understand the industry and know what a logistics platform is. We quickly understood each other in the analysis workshops, which makes life much easier and played an important role in the success of the WMS project. »
Fleury Michon choisit la solution WMS – Microsoft ADAX Supply Chain
- Logistics, traceability and food safety
- Constant innovation
- Improving competitiveness and reducing costs
Key advantages of ADAX CPG & Food
TVH Consulting’s expertise in both IT and business is the keystone of the successful selection of ADAX CPG & Food, which fully meets all of our business management challenges :
- Master data management within the management system made both the data held on goods and the utilization of that data in the ordering process more reliable
- Simplified configuration thanks to pre-configured business processes, handling complex commercial T&C and promotions management
- A response to the issue of variable weights
- Traceability requirements and regulatory aspects (GMO, additives, labeling, health & other claims, etc.) all included
- Sound customer knowledge at all stages of the relationship between sales teams and buyers in central procurement units (customer segmentation, customer ranking with an application date, order of precedence for commercial T&C, back-end rebate agreements, etc.)
- Carriage of chilled goods optimized with help in selecting carriers and improved delivery rounds
- A system enabling international expansion
- A solution suited to developing new market segments
- A scalable solution following the group’s strategy and wish to modernize its production facilities
To restore consistency to the entire IS, make data more integrated, increase flexibility and converge towards technologies that are well-known in-house, ADAX proved to be the best fit.We firstly built a core model with TVH Consulting, then we deployed the Finance, Management control and Commercial management modules (95% of orders in EDI).”
- Group business processes optimized and made more reliable
- A win-win partnership between Fleury Michon and TVH Consulting intended for the long term