Project background and main business challenges
A long-standing family firm, Nigay, specializing in the manufacture of caramel confectionery, has been operating from the town of Feurs, France for 165 years. Always keen to pass on its expertise, Nigay is currently being run by the sixth generation of the family. Recognized by artisan producers and the agri-food industry alike, this same expertise means that 67% of its revenue comes from exports, both within Europe and from the wider world.
The company has differentiated by developing various forms of caramels such as flavored and colored caramels, specialties and burnt sugars (liquid, paste, powder or chips).
Nigay’s watchword is stay up to date to stay on top, and to maintain its position as leader on the European market, Yves and Henri Nigay appointed TVH Consulting to undertake the integration of their SAP ECC6 ERP system. The aim was to have a system that matched Nigay’s ambitions, and those of its customers, such as globe-spanning producers Coca-Cola and Nestlé.
It was in fact impossible to secure the future of the company working as we were with ageing systems: obsolete management and accounting software, fragmented databases, and sub-optimal traceability. We felt that our decision-making tools were no longer suited to the company’s growth in France and internationally
Opting for SAP ERP with the Cadexpress CPG & Food solution
A number of systems were investigated to meet their requirements. With its additional features, the prepackaged SAP Cadexpress CPG & Food solution stood out by virtue of meeting 95% of Nigay’s specific requirements, while incorporating chemicals manufacturing processes. The agri-food industry presents certain business features that an ERP system needs to handle, especially as the company views itself as a chemicals firm. Traceability, for example, is a key area where SAP delivers an intelligent response. For a project on this scale, Nigay allowed itself a year.
TVH Consulting-Cadexpert, stood out as a SAP integrator because of their knowledge of the agri-food industry. The benchmarking phase probably took longest. Once the Cadexpress S/4 CPG & Food solution had been chosen, everything went very quickly, including live implementation and bespoke training for our staff.
NIGAY fiabilise ses processus avec SAP Cadexpress CPG & Food
The challenges :
- Complete supply chain and quality management integration
- Production and stock management
- Inclusion of customers’ quality specifications
The seven key strengths of the Cadexpress CPG & Food solution integrated by TVH Consulting
TVH Consulting’s expertise in both IT and business is the keystone of the successful selection of Cadexpress CPG & Food, which fully meets all of our business management challenges:
- Management of a single, shared master data repository making much faster traceability possible
- Simpler configuration through preconfigured business processes, such as “contracted shelf-life” constraints and calculating requirements taking use-by dates into consideration.
- Advanced traceability and regulatory aspects (GMO, additives, labeling, health & other claims, etc.).
- Knowledge of the specific challenges facing the chemical industry, including waste management and storage vats.
- Dashboards configured to suit their line of business and fine-tuned by the management audit unit.
- A system offering strict technical data management.
- A solution following the family firm’s strategy and wish to modernize its production facilities, including shipping.
The implementation proved very positive, with all of our departments now using SAP Cadexpress applications. In future, we would like to integrate S/4HANA solutions because we believe it is a crucial element in the modernization of the entire production chain including shipping.
The benefits :
- Harmonization of business management rules and procedures
- Tighter processes with enforcement of customers’ constraints and requirements within the IS