The context and business challenges of the project
Pierre Fabre Laboratories were created by Mr. Pierre Fabre, a pharmacist in Castres, in the early 1960s. The Pierre Fabre group is divided into two branches:
- The dermo-cosmetic activity representing 60% of the turnover proposes through Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmetic products, from dermatological prescription to beauty care such as the brands Avène, Ducray, A-Derma, etc.
- The pharmaceutical activity represents 39% of the turnover in historical fields such as psychiatry, rheumatology, gynecology, pneumology, urology, cardiology and oncology, which remains the flagship field of Pierre Fabre research and development.
At the origin of the project, Pierre Fabre’s management wanted to initiate a transformation program for the group’s international subsidiaries. The objective was twofold: to set up processes based on best practices and to deploy an ERP in order to meet several major challenges such as the automation of these business processes, the implementation of a worldwide product repository and to allow the subsidiaries to have an efficient IS for their daily operational needs.
The choice of Microsoft Dynamics ERP with the ADAX Life Sciences solution
Expertise was sought to be as close as possible to the challenges and operational concerns; at the subsidiary level, their information systems were heterogeneous and often outdated. The reporting and steering tools were no longer relevant enough and the Group did not have a business management tool that met the strong desire for international growth.
The meeting with TVH Consulting proved to be very beneficial. First of all, TVH Consulting proposed an original and structured methodology, based on business indicators and on the evaluation of our environment, to validate together the choice of our ERP solution.
Pierre Fabre Laboratories chose TVH Consulting as a strategic partner because of its dual “editor & integrator” skills and its expertise in terms of setting up a unique core model. Numerous workshops were held with subsidiary representatives (pilot subsidiaries) and all the group’s business departments to design the core model and the new system that will handle finance, logistics, sales, purchasing and EDI flows with the group’s partners.
“The choice of ADAX Life Sciences (Advanced Suite for Microsoft Dynamics), a vertical solution, was made for several reasons: its ability to support the group’s evolution, its adaptation to the specificities of the pharmaceutical and dermo-cosmetic activities, and its consideration of distribution requirements.”
Pierre Fabre – Quels facteurs clés de succès pour le déploiement d’un core model ERP à l’international ?
The challenges of this sector:
- Respond to traceability challenges and strict quality standards in production
- Enhance productivity
- International growth and development
The 8 strong points of ADAX ERP integrated by TVHConsulting
TVH Consulting’s dual technical and business expertise was at the heart of the success and the choice of the ADAX Life Sciences solution was perfectly adapted to our business challenges:
- Compatible system tailored to pharmaceutical challenges
- Secures order-to-cash processes across subsidiaries
- Simplifies the production of reports
- Standardizes organization ofpurchases by warehouse, product type, and more
- Configurable pricing engine: cascading discounts, priority rules, free products,etc.
- Up & cross selling functions to register and block orders
- Defines Carrier contracts (based on calendars, pricing matrix, and more),transport routes, customer transport legs (hubs, dispatch distribution centers), andfreight reconciliation
- A simple tool to support the development of subsidiaries
- Financial localization adapted to comply with country standards
- Implementation of a Group reference system and Group Reporting